Just moved in? Get this first
What is the first thing to buy after settling into a new house? A broadband Internet connection, of course.
It is a momentous event in your life. After years of planning and saving money, you have finally moved into the house of your dreams. You and your family couldn’t be happier as you set about making plans for the future. Already, you are envisioning a long and peaceful stint in the house, where you can grow old in the company of your loved ones.
You’ve got the furniture installed, you’ve bought new fittings and furnishings, and the house is decorated as per your requirements. You are now planning a house warming party for your friends and relatives. But wait – have you bought the most important item for your home? No, not a new plasma TV or a stunning new couch. We’re talking about a broadband Internet connection.
Why get broadband for your home?
A broadband Internet connection is a type of connection that is ‘always on’ or ‘always available’. You don’t need to especially connect to it every time you wish to log on to the Internet. It has a wider spectrum, or bandwidth, than a usual dial up Internet connection. So it offers faster speeds and better connectivity as well.
A broadband Internet connection is the most essential commodity in your home because it powers all your digital devices by connecting them seamlessly with the Internet. It is also a more cost-effective, simple solution than providing each digital device with its own Internet connection, such as a mobile dongle for each laptop or a separate SIM for each tab.
Consider the basic reasons to have a broadband connection for your home:
- It is a cost-effective, simple solution. You can choose your monthly broadband plan from the range available from your preferred service provider, for the city of your residence.
- Since the speeds are higher, pages load faster and ‘media rich’ content (comprising a combination of text, images, moving graphics and videos) can be streamed and enjoyed much better.
- One single broadband connection can connect multiple digital devices simultaneously. For instance, Airtel broadband can connect up to 10 digital devices on the same connection, without any effect on data speeds or connectivity. So from e-book readers to smartphones, and from Wiis to tabs, you can connect all your household devices on one connection.
- Broadband Internet is especially useful for those who work out of home several times a month. Since the speeds are high and data transmission is rapid, remote working becomes viable with a good broadband connection. If you have a spare room in your house, you can even set up a few desktop computers and run a professional office set up from the comfort of your home.
- Broadband plans are quite affordable, basis the provider you take them from. If you buy broadband plans from Airtel, you can get a range of excellent features, easy bill payment and also the option to switch plans at a later date – all at an attractive monthly price.