Get the Season’s Hottest Picks for the Summer
The hot weather and a stale wardrobe are two good reasons to invest in flirty, fun dresses and essential accessories for the season. We tell you what to pick.
You may or may not like the summer, but you must admit that it is the best time of the year to flaunt your style. The summer lets you wear short clothing with élan, and the long evenings give you many opportunities to hang out with friends. But have you bought the right summer essentials yet?
Here’s presenting a summer kit put together with the help of an online shopping app in India, in no particular order:
* Dresses in pastel shades. Ditch those sweat-trapping woollens and denims, and let your skin breathe with flirty and fun dresses this summer. Pick light fabrics that wick the sweat away from your skin and which dry rapidly. Leading online shopping sites in Indiahave new collections in dresses. They allow ventilation and look so great, too. Up your style quotient this season with some new designs and fits in dresses.
* Light cotton kurtas. Another good option for the summer are light cotton kurtas in colours like white, sunshine yellow, pink and green. Kurtas go well with both salwars and fitted pants, and you can pair them with sneakers or chappals with equal aplomb. Kurtas are stylish and fuss-free, and you can sport a knee-length kurta with a long necklace, a bracelet and jeans. You will love this ensemble so much that you will make it your summer staple this season!
* Sneakers with a flexible sole. Summers are meant for long evening walks, going on dates with a special someone or just being by yourself. It involves travel and moving about quite a bit. When you’re on the move a lot, it is best to get a comfortable pair of shoes that will support your feet all day. Invest in a pair of sneakers with a flexible sole that encourages the foot to bend and curve as it moves. Look for walking shoes – these are built differently than running shoes or workout shoes.
* Sun screen lotion and moisturiser. Though you love to sport sleeveless tops and shorts in the hot season, the hot sunshine can tan your pretty skin soon enough. Apart from the tanning, direct exposure to UV rays is harmful for the skin. You can develop rashes and heat blisters this season. So open your online shopping app and stock up on a good sun screen lotion with SPF 30 or higher. Slather it on all over your body generously and top up every four hours, especially when you are outdoors.
* Waterproof make-up. The summer season will also make you sweat, despite all your efforts to keep yourself cool. Sweat can make your makeup run. For starters, wear light waterproof makeup, but make sure to clean if off thoroughly when you get home so that it doesn’t clog your pores and cause blackheads.